I am looking for a higher end zero gravity recliner that has heat/massage. I want something that won’t fall apart in a few years. I looked at Southern Motion, but read somewhere that they are not good quality. Can you help?
Dec. 23, 2020
Almost all popularly priced reclining furniture (including Southern Motion, LaZBoy, Flexsteel, Best, Catnapper, Franklin and recliners imported from Asia) uses low cost 1.8 density foam.
- Most of their reclining furniture also has non-removable cushions, which limits the lifespan of the seating.
Southern Motion’s zero gravity line is SoCozi, which was designed in partnership with Italian manufacturer Cozzia.
- If you want a better quality zero gravity chair, check out Cozzia, but the prices will be considerably higher.
Southern Motion (and all of its competitors) get a lot of negative reviews for their mid-range reclining furniture. Keep in mind, however:
- Most problems occur in larger pieces (reclining sofas and sectionals.)
- SoCozi is more expensive than many of Southern Motion’s other products. It generates fewer complaints.
There are better quality zero gravity recliners, but they can get very expensive.
A few of the better quality zero gravity brands include:
- Ekornes Stressless (Not sure whether they make electric or massage, but their chairs are extremely well made and comfortable.)
Know someone who might be interested in this post? Please like and share this post with them. If you have questions or comments please leave them below.