Many of the large retailers who specialized in high end furniture have gone out of business over the past decade.
The most comprehensive collections of luxury home furniture available to the general public can probably be found at the New York Design Center, located at 200 Lexington Avenue in New York City.
- It is highly recommended that you go with an experienced interior designer or other professional. Many companies will not sell direct to the general public.
You might also visit one of the major furniture industry trade shows.
- High Point, North Carolina has a week long show every April and October.
- The Atlanta Gift and Home Furnishings Market is smaller than High Point, but may be worthwhile to visit. The next Atlanta Market begins Jan. 20, 2020.
The best market to view high end furniture is the Milan, Italy International Furniture Fair. The next Milan Furniture Fair will be held April 21 – 26, 2020.
Trade shows are for industry professionals only, so you will need to go as a guest of an interior designer or other credentialed furniture industry participant.
There are still a few traditional retail chains that specialize in Upper End/Premium furniture (although this quality/price level will fall below much of what can be seen at the sources listed above.) Most of these retailers also carry mid-priced lines as well.
These high end retailers include:
- Star Furniture, Houston, TX
- Kittles, Indianapolis, IN
- Baers, Pompano Beach, FL.
- Wayside Furniture, Akron, OH
- Furnitureland South, High Point, NC
- Sprintz Furniture Showroom, Nashville, TN
- Weirs Furniture, Dallas, TX
- ABC Carpet & Home, New York, NY
Know someone who might be interested in this post? Please like and share this post with them. If you have questions or comments please leave them below.