Can you rate sectionals made by Bauhaus? Durability, construction, etc.?
June 26, 2020
Bauhaus is a large, mid-priced, mid-quality manufacturer that has been around since 1989 and owned by LaZBoy since 1999.
In general the construction includes:
Low cost, durable, stain resistant polyester or olefin fabrics.
- Plywood frames. Not the most expensive construction but should last 10+ years without problems.
- Sinuous wire spring seat support (foundation.) This is the least expensive type of seat support possible but should hold up 20 years or more.
- 1.8 density dacron wrapped foam cushions. This is the first part of your sofa that will wear out. 1.8 density foam cushions typically last 3 – 5 years before needing replacement. (If used frequently or by individuals weighing 250 lbs. or more, they may wear out much sooner.)
- Cushion cores usually cost several hundred dollars to replace.
- Most people don’t bother replacing them in this price range.
- When the cushions wear out (lose their shape and resilience) they live with the unsightly uncomfortable sofa (or sectional) for another couple of years and then buy new furniture.
Know someone who might be interested in this post? Please like and share this post with them. If you have questions or comments please leave them below.