I read somewhere that Simplicity Sofas furniture is “overbuilt.” What does that mean?
July 9, 2020
Simplicity Sofas’ design concept is to build furniture that will last forever. There are two different design elements needed to achieve this goal.
- The second element is designing a furniture system which enables each individual component to be easily replaced if it ever becomes damaged or worn out.
- Individual components include arms, backs, bases, legs, cushions and fabric.
- The first design element is to create furniture that will last as long as possible before any components ever need to be replaced.
High end upholstered furniture begins with expensive components. Many of these will last a very long time.
- Replacing or repairing components that are damaged or worn out over time will be expensive, but still be cost effective compared to the cost of new furniture of similar quality.
- Accomplishing this goal requires “over-building” the furniture in ways that are only cost effective when the furniture is expected to last a very long time.
Know someone who might be interested in this post? Please like and share this post with them. If you have questions or comments please leave them below.