Oak is an excellent wood in many applications.
- Oak is a very strong and durable wood with a beautiful and distinctive grain pattern.
- It is highly scratch, stain and dust resistant and does not need regular cleaning and polishing like many other woods.
- Less warpage than many other types of wood.
- Accepts stains and finishes easily in a wide variety of colors and .
- Highly resistant to insects and fungus .
- Less likely to warp when exposed to sunlight.
- Good water resistant properties (especially white oak.)
- Highly resistant to wear and tear
- Not traditionally used for “fine” furniture (probably due to its coarse grain pattern.)
- Cannot be as highly polished as finer grain woods.
- Very heavy.
- Prone to breaking due to the hardness of the wood.