Over the past 30 years more than 80% of American wood furniture manufacturers have gone out of business or moved overseas.
Very few low and mid-priced U.S. wood manufacturers remain. Almost all of the larger manufacturers have shifted production overseas.
- There are still hundreds of small custom shops (and a few larger factories) where highly skilled artisans are producing exquisite heirloom quality solid wood furniture.
- If you are searching for good quality solid wood bedroom or dining room furniture at affordable prices, there are fewer options.Here is a list of American made solid wood brands you may want to consider.Local retailers who carry these brands are usually listed on the manufacturer’s websites.
- Artisan and Post (This is Vaughn Bassett’s “all solid wood” division.)
- Copeland Furniture
- Durham Furniture
- Simply Amish
- Stuart David (This is another Amish manufacturer.)
- Vaughn Bassett (solids and veneers)
- Vermont Made Furniture
- Vermont Wood Studios (This is a retailer specializing in solid wood furniture from small Vermont shops.)
- Vintage Mill Works
Know someone who might be interested in this post? Please like and share this post with them. If you have questions or comments please leave them below.