Who still builds custom sofas and sectionals that will last 20 years?
I will soon purchase a couch in a nice fabric, and would like the couch to last over 10 years…preferably 20 years.
I’m planning on $3K – $5K, but just because I pay a lot doesn’t always mean I’ll get lasting quality.
Can you recommend some high-quality sofa manufacturers?
If your budget is $3000 – $5000, and you don’t need leather, there are many excellent custom sofa manufacturers who build high quality, long lasting upholstered furniture.
Most of the brands listed below will be within your price range. Many are leather specialists, but all will also have a good selection of fabrics.
In addition, there are many excellent small custom upholstery shops that can build a sofa to your exact specifications at a very high quality level within that price range.
The best values of all are the Direct to Consumer furniture manufacturers.
- Dream Sofa
- Mantle Furniture
- Medley Home
- Simplicity Sofas (Specializes in Furniture for Small Spaces and Older homes with small doorways and/or narrow stairs)
Other American manufacturers making high-end upholstered furniture include:
Some brands listed below may be out of your $3000 to $5000 price range for a fabric sofa.
- Carolina Custom Leather, North Carolina
- Century, North Carolina
- Chaddock, North Carolina
- Cisco Brothers, California
- Hancock & Moore, North Carolina
- Hickory Chair, North Carolina
- Hickory White, North Carolina
- Huntington House, North Carolina
- Lancaster Custom Upholstery, North Carolina
- Leathercraft, North Carolina
- Lee Industries, North Carolina
- The MT Company (Michael Thomas and Miles Talbot), North Carolina
- Nathan Anthony, California
- Rudin, California
- Sherill, North Carolina
- Stanford (Gabby Upholstery), North Carolina
- Stickley, North Carolina
- Taylor King, North Carolina
- Temple Furniture, North Carolina
- Vanguard, North Carolina
If you like my Insider’s Guide To Furniture please encourage your friends and family to check it out.
My 45 years in the furniture industry have provided me with a detailed knowledge of furniture brands, construction, quality & value.
Over the past decade, I have written over 2,000 articles, reviews, and answers, seen by over 2 million viewers.
If any company or individual feels that the information on this website is out-of-date or inaccurate, please let me know and it will be promptly corrected.
Important Note about advertising on this website:
I do not solicit or accept payment from any of the brands reviewed or mentioned on InsidersGuideToFurniture.com.
Despite this, you may see ads on the website. These ads are generated by Ezoic.
Ezoic is a Google platform for website publishers. It is completely automated!
I do not have contact with any of the companies or agencies that choose to advertise on this website through Ezoic.