I will soon purchase a couch, and would like the couch to last over 10 years…preferably 20 years.
I’m planning on $3K – $5K…. but just because I pay a lot doesn’t always mean I’ll get lasting quality.
Can you recommend some high quality sofa manufacturers?
Jan. 8, 2021
If your budget is $3000 – $5000, and you don’t need leather, there are many excellent custom sofa manufacturers who build high quality, long lasting upholstered furniture.
Most of the brands listed below will be within your price range. Many are leather specialists, but all will also have a good selection of fabrics.
In addition there are many excellent small custom upholstery shops that can build a sofa to your exact specifications at a very high quality level within that price range.
American manufacturers that make high-end upholstered furniture include:
- Baker Furniture, North Carolina (McGuire & Milling Road are associated brands.)
- Bright, New York
- Carolina Custom Leather, North Carolina
- Century, North Carolina
- Chaddock, North Carolina
- Cisco Brothers, California
- Hancock & Moore, North Carolina
- Hickory Chair, North Carolina
- Hickory White, North Carolina
- Huntington House, North Carolina
- Lancaster Custom Upholstery, North Carolina
- Leathercraft, North Carolina
- Lee Industries, North Carolina
- The MT Company (Michael Thomas and Miles Talbot), North Carolina
- Nathan Anthony, California
- Rudin, California
- Sherill, North Carolina
- Simplicity Sofas, North Carolina (Specializes in Furniture for Small Spaces and Older homes with small doorways and/or narrow stairs)
- Stanford (Gabby Upholstery), North Carolina
- Stickley, North Carolina
- Taylor King, North Carolina
- Temple Furniture, North Carolina
- Vanguard, North Carolina
Know someone who might be interested in this post? Please like and share this post with them. If you have questions or comments please leave them below.